House fire on Pope Street in Beaumont

No injuries have been reported from a North Beaumont house fire.

The fire was reported at 6:22 p.m. at a house located at 2148 Pope Street.

When firefighters arrived, they found one room of the home on fire.  The people inside were able to escape without injury before firefighters arrived.

Firefighters were able to contain flames to one room, but there was smoke and heat damage to several rooms of the home.

The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical short in a cord running under the bed that caught the bed on fire.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment