Homeless person trying to stay warm may have started Beaumont fire

A spokesperson for Beaumont Fire Rescue said an overnight fire appears to have been caused by a homeless person who broke in and was trying to keep warm.

Shortly before 1 a.m. Wednesday firefighters were called to a structure fire at 1527 Gladys Avenue.  When they got to the house they found fire on the porch that was beginning to spread to the roof.

The house was vacant and there were no injuries reported.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment