Gas leak in Beaumont controlled, shelter in place lifted

Firefighters with Beaumont Fire Rescue responded to a natural gas leak which prompted a shelter in place for some Sunday morning.

Just before 9 a.m.  a City of Beaumont water utility crew struck a natural gas line in the 4300 block of El Paso causing a leak of natural gas. 

Around noon officials said Centerpoint Energy workers had the natural gas leak under control.

No injuries were reported.



To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment