Which cities are the most miserable in the country? A new study says Beaumont is one of them.
According to the Gallup Well-Being Index, Beaumont is the fourth most miserable city in America. The determination was made after interviewing 1.7 million Americans.
Charleston and Huntington West Virginia came in first and second respectively.
Among the concerns? less than 60 percent of Beaumont residents reported feeling safe going out at night. 545 violent crimes have been reported per one 100,000 people.
Here's a list of the top 10 most miserable cities:
1. Charleston, West Virginia
2. Huntington-Ashland, West Virginia-Kentucky-Ohio
3. Mobile, Alabama
4. Beaumont, Texas
5. Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton, North Carolina
6. Fort Smith, Arkansas-Oklahoma
7. Bakersfield, California
8. Evansville, Indiana-Kentucky
9. Rockford, Illinois
10. Spartanburg, South Carolina