Firefighters battle blaze at landfill on Labelle Road

Firefighters with the Labelle-Fannet fire department were called to a blaze at a landfill on Labelle Road Saturday morning.

The fire started shortly before 7 a.m.

The landfill is used by Arrow Waste to dump trash.

LaBelle-Fannett Assistant Fire Chief Henry LaBrie told 12News when trash accumulates, it can produce methane gas. It is believed that methane is responsible for igniting the fire.

LaBrie said the fire affected about an acre. He said it is difficult working a fire at the landfill because it is on the slope of a hill.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment