BEAUMONT - A 35-year-old Jasper man who was arrested yesterday on drug and weapon charges remains, behind bars on a $47,500 bond.
Christopher John Kyle will be charged with several controlled substance possession charges, having a prohibited weapon and being a felon in possession of a firearm according to a release from the Jasper Police Department.
Jasper narcotics investigators went to Kyles' home in the 200 block of West Othello on Monday afternoon ot investigate recent reports of drug dealing the release said.
When officers arrived they could smell a strong odor of marijuana and requested to search the home but they were denied according to the release.
Investigators then obtained a search warrant for the home from District Judge Delinda Gibbs-Walker the release said.
When investigators searched the home they found and seized drugs, cash and drug paraphernalia.
More charges could be filed in the investigation which is ongoing the release said.
Kyle was charged with...
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Penalty Group 2-A 4OZ < 5LB Drug Free Zone (3rd Degree Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Penalty Group 1 >= 4G < 200G (2nd Degree Felony)
- Possession of Marijuana 4 OZ < 5LBS Drug Free Zone (3rd Degree Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm by a Felon (3rd Degree Felony)
- Prohibited Weapon (3rd Degree Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Penalty Group 4 >= 28G < 200G (3rd Degree Felony)
© 2018 KBMT-TV