525 IH-10 South
Beaumont, Texas 77701
Official Contest Rules
Country Music Show Giveaway
Presented by KBMT-Beaumont
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. CONTEST SUMMARY: You may enter the Country Music Show Giveaway by internet or by U.S. Postal Service. Whether entering via web or letter, you must include your contact information (name, address, phone number, and if applicable your email address). To enter via the website go to www.12newsnow.com and complete and submit an electronic entry.
2. If entering by letter, you should send your letter entry to:
Country Music Show Giveaway
525 Interstate 10 South
Beaumont, TX 77701
All entries, regardless of entry method, must be received by 6 a.m. Central February 15, 2013.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Country Music Show Giveaway is open to any person in the KBMT-TV viewing area, except for employees of KBMT, its advertising agencies, its contest sponsors, their affiliates and immediate families, and those living in their same household. All contestants must be at least 18 at the time of entry. Limit one entry per household.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be determined by random drawing Contest winners may be required to submit their social security numbers to KBMT-TV for tax purposes. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize
5. PRIZES AND NOTIFICATION: Prizes are as follows: Family 4-pack of tickets to the Nederland Heritage festival Country music show. All winners will be notified via telephone or via email to acknowledge acceptance of prize. In the event a winner fails to acknowledge acceptance of prize within the allotted time period, or does not agree to all conditions contained herein, KBMT reserves the right to deem the winner's entry ineligible or to otherwise disqualify the entrant and to select a new winner. Prizes are non-transferable. All prizes claimed will be awarded and prizes not claimed will be forfeited. All dates and times are subject to change in the event of technical issues affecting KBMT, the entry process, or relevant on-air programming or in the event of breaking news, weather, or live event that merits, in KBMT's sole discretion, the preemption of the scheduled programming, including the Contest announcements, or that is of greater public importance, in KBMT's sole discretion, than the timely or precise execution of the Contest. In the event of any such event, condition, or programming change or preemption, KBMT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to delay, reschedule, or omit the presentation of the runners-up or winner on or from the particular program affected.
6. RELEASES: The Country Music Show Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Potential winners must provide KBMT with proper government-issued photo identification and may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and/or publicity release (except where prohibited by law) that must be returned before the prize can be awarded. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules may result in winner's disqualification and the award of his or her prize to an alternate winner.
7. PARTICIPATION and GRANT OF PUBLICITY RIGHTS: Entry in the Country Music Show Giveaway constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name and/or image along with footage of home and makeover progress on KBMT-TV and inclusion of his or her name and home image in any related commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or compensation. KBMT reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify this contest if, for any reason, conditions, circumstances, acts or happenstances develop which would not allow the completion of the contest as planned.
By participating in the contest, entrant agrees that:
A. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
B. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket cost incurred including cost associated with entering the contest but in no event, attorney's fees.
C. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant in connection with the contest, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND FORCE MAJEURE CLAUSE: KBMT 12, licensee, and any other contest sponsors, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, their employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (collectively, "Contest Entities") are not responsible for: (1) problems associated with television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, facsimile, or cable lines and/or phone or IP numbers, or Internet services that are beyond their control. This includes, but is not limited to: any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; failure of any entry to be received in whole or in part by Sponsors due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service; communications line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service; damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device; a busy signal, operator interference, cellular interference, Internet congestion, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of a phone call, facsimile transmission, email transmission, or cable modem service, or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for technical or other difficulties which may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during the playing of the Contest or that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the acquisition, completion, or submission of an entry; failures of or other problems relating to computer or communications hardware, software, the Internet, or similar systems, including but not limited to difficulties relating to entrants' ISP, DSL, or cable modem access, "worms," or viruses or any other problem of any description or nature which may prohibit prevent or interfere with the acquisition, completion or submission of an entry; (2) typographical errors in any materials relating to the Contest; (3) lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or delayed entry forms; (4) cancellations, postponements, or delays; (5) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible or impractical to continue the Contest or to perform under these Rules. In the event of any of the foregoing, Sponsors reserve the right to suspend, terminate, modify, or continue the Contest, in its sole discretion. CONTEST ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND CONTEST ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
9. RULES AND WINNERS LIST: Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to KBMT-TV Country Music Show Giveaway 525 IH-10 South Beaumont, TX 77701. You can also pick up a copy at the KBMT Studios, or log on to www.12newsnow.com/contests.