Beaumont Independent School District superintendent Dr. Timothy Chargois has issued a memo implementing new rules affecting employees at the administration building.
Chargois sent the memo out the day after the FBI raided the administration building and the homes of two BISD employees.
We don't know if the memo is in response to the raid because Dr. Chargois did not return our call.
Chargois makes five points in the memo:
1. Any phone calls from any media outlet should be forwarded to the Office of the Superintendent immediately until further notice. No additional comment should be given for any reason.
2. Travel checks and or travel funds for any overnight travel from this point forward should be returned to the Business Office immediately. All overnight travel has been suspended until further notice.
3. There are to be absolutely not guests in the hallway. You will receive a phone call from the receptionist in the foyer if a guest requests to see you. Upon the receipt of the phone call and with permission from your supervisor, please personally escort your guest(s) from the foyer to your office and back to the foyer when it is time for them to exit the building. If a wait is required, please allow your guest(s) to wait in the foyer until such time that the administrator is ready to see them. District employees with a Beaumont ISD issued identification card will be allowed entrance into the Administration building after signing in and indicating their destination(s).
4. If you need to make contact with someone in the Superintendent's Office, please call Mrs. Cindy Guidroz or Mrs. Georgia Antoine to schedule an appointment.
5. Additional procedural changes may be forwarded to you. Please heed all communications with urgency and expediency.
The ban on travel has altered the plans of some BISD administrators who were supposed to be attending this week's annual conference for the National Alliance of Black School Educators, also known as NABSE.
The conference is in Detroit.
Documents obtained by 12News show that the district was paying for 14 officials, including Chargois and five board members to go.
Here are the people that were on the list as of October 31st:
1. Fannie Brown
2. Birdie Harrison
3. Sybil Comeaux
4. Janice Brassard, BISD Board Member
5. Gwen Ambres, BISD Board Member
6. Zenobia Bush, BISD Board Member
7. Terry Williams, BISD Board Member
8. Woodrow Reece, BISD Board Member
9. Debra Williams
10. Victoria Steward
11. Nakisha Myles
12. Dr. Timothy Chargois
13. Patricia Lambert
14. Devin McCraney
Fannie Brown returned her check advance two days after receiving it, it was for $2,074.47, $1,435.72 of it was for mileage apparently Brown was planning to drive to Detroit.
In addition to the memo, Dr. Chargois had a meeting with staff members at the administration building Friday morning, that's according to sources within.
Several of them told us that Chargois warned them, if caught talking with each other about the FBI investigation, he would tap them on the shoulder and have them leave, and they could only return with an attorney.
Once again, we did not hear back from Dr. Chargois for this story.