Alleged Lone Star College Cy-Fair stabber taken to mental hospital

KTRK: The man behind a series of stabbings at Lone Star College in Cy-Fair yesterday is now at a mental hospital. And overnight, the long list of charges against him were read in court.

 Dylan Andrew Quick, 20, was scheduled to appear in front of judge for the first time, but he's considered a mental health patient and was not brought to court.

"The defendant gave a videotaped confession, admitting he stabbed complainants multiple times with an exacto knife because of his fantasy to kill people," read a judge in probable cause court overnight.

 Quick is charged with three counts of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, though he's accused of injuring more than a dozen people yesterday. He's being held without bond.

 The violence broke out about 11:20am at the rear of the Health Sciences Building on the Cy-Fair campus on Barker Cypress Road.

Cell phone video shows the moment students and faculty members chased down Quick and then wrestled him to the ground. He laid on the grass with his hands up, mumbling, 'I'm deaf. I'm deaf" as deputies handcuff him.

Investigators say he had been planning the stabbing spree for some time and had fantasies of stabbing people to death since he was in elementary school.

No one was killed in this attack, but seconds after Quick was arrested, one eyewitness told us he showed little remorse and appeared happy with the results of his rampage.

"He said he had a sinister look on his face kind of a smile and a satisfaction grin after doing it," said eyewitness Michael Chalfan.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office confirmed there were 14 victims total. Four patients were taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Texas Trauma Institute and two more patients were transported by ground ambulance.

An official from Memorial Hermann Texas Trauma Institute said all patients transported there following yesterday's attack were upgraded to good condition this morning.

The remainder were taken to North Cypress Hospital, and two people refused treatment at the scene. North Cypress Hospital officials say all of the patients treated there had non-life threatening injuries and have since been released.

Authorities say the investigation is an ongoing situation. They are reviewing video evidence and say the entire campus had been searched for evidence. Meanwhile, the campus is back open today. Counselors are on hand for students who need them.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment