SKYWAY, Wash. -- An SUV caught fire when a boy mistakenly shot a Roman candle into the vehicle in the King County city of Skyway on Tuesday.
A 14-year-old boy took his parents’ car to buy fireworks with friends in the morning. He parked it on South 122nd Street and 75th Avenue South with the windows down, and the three boys began to have a “Roman Candle fight,” according to King County Sheriff’s Office.
One of the candles accidentally shot into the car and got stuck in the defroster.
There were no injuries reported.
Some grass and a power pole on the north side of the street were burnt as well.
© 2017 KING-TV