It was a long, hard night for Houston that started on the third play from scrimmage.

Quarterback Matt Schaub threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown and the 49ers never looked back in the 34-3 rout.

Schaub went on to throw two more interceptions before being benched in favor of T.J. Yates in the fourth quarter.

Schaub threw his fourth pick-six in as many games this season while San Francisco scored 21 unanswered points to start the game. Houston's offense remained scoreless until Randy Bullock kicked a 41-yard field goal in the third quarter.

In the first 90 seconds of the game, Schaub's pass to Andre Johnson was picked off by 49ers' cornerback Tramaine Brock for an 18-yd touchdown. Brock continued to haunt Schaub, picking him off again in the second quarter. A big block by intended receiver Johnson ended the play before it could materialize into another touchdown.

However, the 49ers offense would find the endzone just four plays later. Anthony's Dixon's two-yard touchdown run would extend the San Francisco lead to 21-0 with 5:03 remaining in the first half.

The Texans first half possessions ended in two interceptions, two punts, and a missed field goal. Randy Bullock would miss a 45-yard attempt after a drive that stalled following two back-to-back penalties on Owen Daniels.

The Texans offense looked to be picking up steam later in the third quarter, moving the ball 58 yards down the field but it would end in another turnover. Schaub threw his third interception of the game, a pass intended for Owen Daniels and picked off by defensive tackle Tony Jerrod-Eddie.

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick connected with Vernon Davis on a 64-yard touchdown pass just a few plays later. San Francisco extended its lead to 31-3 and the Texans would begin warming up back-up quarterback T.J. Yates.

Yates entered the game early in the fourth quarter. The Texans' offense continued to struggle as Ben Tate fumbled on the second play of the drive. San Francisco recovered and converted the Texan's fourth turnover into a 24-yard field goal by Phil Dawson. With 10:46 remaining in the fourth quarter, San Francisco extended its lead to 34-3.