Beaumont police have a man in custody in connection with the August 20 murder of Kendra Crump, 27, of Monroe, Louisiana.

Officers Wednesday arrested Cameron Charles Frank, 23, of Beaumont.

On Friday, August 23, Detectives obtained two warrants for Frank. The first warrant is for Aggravated Robbery and has a $150,000 bond. The second warrant is for Capital Murder and has a $750.000 bond. Both warrants were signed by Judge Nancy Beaulieu.

Around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday a dispatcher received a call from a person reporting a man hiding in an upstairs garage apartment in the 800 block of Spruce Avenue, possibly the murder suspect.

Officers set up a perimeter and SWAT was called because it was considered a high-risk situation.

Officers were able to get the man, later identified as Frank, to come out and he was taken into custody.

Frank's father spoke to 12News minutes after the arrest.

"This is something serious. This ain't no bull corn. This is capital murder, son. This ain't nothing to play with," said Arthur Frank.

Frank said Cameron would not answer his phone calls for a week and when he finally answered, Arthur drove to Houston to pick him up.

Arthur Frank told 12News he drove him back to Beaumont so he could talk to police about what happened the day of the shooting.

Frank has prior convictions including theft, possession of marijuana and evading arrest.

His father says he was just released from jail six months ago.

A Beaumont Police spokesperson said officers believe a second person was involved in the murder, but they have not yet released his identity. The spokesperson did say he has been arrested in Houston on an unrelated charge.

8/20/2013 Beaumont police respond to shooting death

According to 12News file stories, Crump was shot to death August 20 at the Knights Inn located at 4085 I-10 South in Beaumont.

When officers arrived at the Inn, they found a Crump with a gunshot wound to her upper body. Beaumont EMS took her to the Christus Hospital St. Elizabeth Emergency Room where doctors pronounced her dead on arrival.

Detectives have determined there was some type of altercation in one of the rooms of the hotel. During that altercation, Crump was shot and a man was assaulted.

The male victim suffered non-life threatening head trauma during the assault.