12News has learned that an officer accused of using too much force, breaking the arm of a Beaumont Independent School District student, has been cleared of criminal wrongdoing by a Jefferson County Grand Jury.

According to 12News file stories, Officer Steve Rivers was placed on administrative leave without pay following the March 7 incident at West Brook High School in which a student's arm was broken.

Cell phone video surfaced shortly after the incident showing the officer trying to break up a fight between two students.

The student's mother accused Rivers of breaking her son's arm while the teen was already restrained.

Rivers told 12News via a facebook message in March to "Please understand that young man was fighting until the end."

Shortly after being cleared by the grand jury, Rivers posted, "I want to take this time to thank the Lord for seeing me through this very trying episode. All things went in my favor today and I praise the Lord for his help. To my friends, thanks for being my helpers and support in this struggle I have walked through. To my wife, thank you. To my Lord, thank you."

According to reports in the case, on March 7, 2014, on the West Brook High School Campus, a sixteen year old student was involved in an altercation with another student that escalated into a physical fight. BISD Public Safety Officer Melisa Moore attempted to restrain the student, who continued to resist her efforts. BISD Officer Stephen Rivers assisted PSO Moore in an attempt to restrain and ultimately arrest the student for resisting detention and assault on a public servant. During the struggle, the student was taken to the ground with Officer Rivers attempting to place the student's left arm behind his back to be handcuffed. During that attempt, the student's arm was broken.

No charges were filed against the students who are both juveniles.

Texas Penal Code Section 39.03 states that the charge of Official Oppression is a Class A misdemeanor but requires presentation to the Grand Jury to be true billed.

The case was investigated by the Texas Department of Public Safety – Texas Rangers Division.