An infant was flown to Galveston Wednesday morning after being burned at a Beaumont daycare center.

The 8-month-old infant received first and second degree burns from a bottle warmer at the daycare at 6655 Highway 105 according to Captain Jimmy Blanchard of the Beaumont Fire Department.

The child was initially treated by paramedics and then transported in stable condition via helicopter to a Galveston hospital according to Blanchard.

An employee at Anchor Church, which is located at 6655 Highway 105, confirmed to 12News that the incident had occurred at the church's daycare center, The Anchor Early Learning Center.

According to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services the daycare center has been licensed at the location since 2009.

The center is licensed to serve up to 151 children including, Infants, toddlers, Pre-Kindergarten and school aged children according the state.