A closed highway exit will affect parents and friends heading to the Beaumont ISD graduation on Saturday.
The MLK exit off Highway 69 is a popular route to the venue, but it will be closed as all three high schools in the district hold graduation ceremonies at the Lamar University Montagne Center located at 4400 MLK Parkway.
Here’s how to access the Montagne Center on graduation day:
Parents and visitors can access the Montagne Center by taking Florida St. or Highland Ave. exits off Highway 69. Additionally, the Montagne Center can be accessed by taking the MLK exit off I-10 East or one of the major corridors that intersect with MLK such as Calder St., College St. or Washington Blvd.
Graduation start times are as follows:
• West Brook High School – 9 a.m.
• Central Medical Magnet High School – 1 p.m.
• Ozen Magnet High School – 5 p.m.
BISD will show each graduation ceremony via Livestream on the Beaumont ISD website (www.bmtisd.com). the live stream will not be active until the day of the event.
At the request of the Fire Marshal, Beaumont ISD, and Montagne Center officials, the following guidelines must be strictly followed:
1. Do not block or stand in the aisles or ramps to take pictures.
2. Only Beaumont ISD approved photographers are permitted on the floor.
3. No helium balloons are permitted.
4. No air horns are allowed.
5. No signs of any kind can be attached to the railings or walls.
6. No spectators are allowed in the area where the graduates are lined up for processional.
7. No laser pointers are allowed.
Special Seating Accommodations
Family members requiring wheelchair access will be assisted by Montagne Center and/or district personnel and directed to available seating options.