A little more than two weeks ago, Rob Pope, from Liverpool, England, hit the road running from Mobile, Alabama to Santa Monica, California. He's taking a path similar to Tom Hank's in the movie Forrest Gump.
When it's all said and done, his first trip from the east to the west will tally more than 2,000 miles. He's hoping to raise money for multiple charities including the Gary Sinise Foundation which supports veterans, Peace Direct, and the World Wildlife Fund.
Pope is 38 years old, and has competed and won multiple marathons in his running career.
Here is his upcoming schedule. If you notice, on some days Pope is running between forty and fifty miles.
- Leaving Mobile, Alabama Septempber 23rd-27th and running to New Orleans and Baton Rouge
- 1st week October - Houston, TX
- 2nd week October - Austin, TX
- 1st/2nd week november - El Paso, TX or Las Cruces, New Mexico
- 3rd/4th week November - Tucson, Arizona
- 1st week December - Santa Monica Pier in California
You can follow Pope's entire journey on his Facebook page shared below: