A custody hearing has been postponed in the case of a 3-year-old girl who was found clinging to her unconscious mother in raging Harvey floodwaters.

Family and friends are still mourning the loss of Collette Sulcer and are hoping for the best outcome for her 3-year-old daughter Jordyn Grace Falade.

"It's been hard, it’s just been hard," said family friend Gwen Spikes.

Spikes said it’s hard for her to keep it together when she speaks about her daughter's best friend Collette Sulcer.

She said she helped watch Sulcer's 3-year-old daughter after the tragedy.

"She said mommy told me to hold on and not to let go," said Spikes.

Sulcer’s cousin, Anita Allison and uncle who was added as a petitioner this morning are fighting for custody of Jordyn against her father Adedara Falade.

Both of the attorney’s emphasize that they want what is best for the 3-year-old.

The attorney representing the family, Jolie Shipley, said she believes the hearing will be postponed to a date after October 16.

She explained the father had to get personal issues taken care of before they move forward with more testimony in the case.

Attorney Bryan McEachern who is representing Falade said his client is in the process of making moving arrangements into a new apartment in Houston.

Spikes said she hopes Sulcer's uncle and cousin will have custody of Jordyn.

"This is the family, she knows this is the environment she was raised in and like I said we are not trying to cut the father out of her life we are just trying to make sure she stays with family she is familiar with," said Spikes.

Allison argued on Thursday that Falade is hardly in Jordyn’s life.

Falade currently lives in Houston and explained he kept in contact with the child through Facetime calls.

"We want to do the best we can to take care of her baby and that means keeping her with us period, that’s all I can say I’m praying for a reasonable outcome," said Spikes.

The father was able to visit with the child this afternoon in a controlled environment according to Shipley.