Enter the 12News Daybreak Light Fight and let your holiday display be judged by everyone
Show us and Southeast Texas what you've got when it comes to decorating your house for Christmas.
If your house gets the most votes you will win a $500 Mathew’s Jewelry gift card and take home the title of the "12News Golden Triangle Light Fight" winner!
Enter and submit your photo below!
We will be accepting entries until Friday morning, Dec. 15 and the public voting will begi shortly after through Thursday, Dec. 21 at 3 p.m. We will announce the winner Friday morning, Dec. 22 on 12news Daybreak.
MOBILE USERS | Turn device SIDEWAYS or tap here if you're having problems with the entry form.
12News Golden Triangle Light Fight Challenge
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “12News Golden Triangle Light Fight Challenge” is open to residents who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KBMT (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The period for entering your holiday lights display will begin November 24, 2017 at 5 a.m. (CT) and ends on December 15, 2017 at 10 a.m. (CT).
Internet Entry: Enter by registering at 12newsnow.com/Contests
Following the entry period the general public will be invited to vote on their favorite display from Friday, December 15, 2017 after 10 a.m. through Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 3 p.m.
You must provide a working email address along with an accurate and true photo of your holiday light display. Your light display may only be entered ONCE and your email address may only be used once for an entry.
By entering a photo of your holiday light display you are certifying that the display is from YOUR residence, that you shot the photo and/or you have permission or the right to post the photo online.
If it is discovered you have used an inaccurate photo or a photo of a light display other than your own you may be disqualified.
You may enter the contest ONCE and there will be only one (1) prize per entry during the contest period.
By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
The entry deadline for the contest is December 15, 2017 at 10 a.m. (CT).
4. Winner Selection. The single entry with the most popular votes from the general public will be selected on Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 3 p.m. (CT)
If it is discovered you have used an inaccurate photo or a photo of a light display other than your own you may be disqualified and the entry with the next highest number of votes will be selected.
5. Prizes and Odds. One winner will receive $500 Mathew’s Jewelry gift card and take home the title of the 12News Golden Triangle Light Fight winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received ad number of votes received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, the winner must personally visit our 12News studios five (5) business days after notification. Office visits must be weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. (CT) and 5 p.m. (CT) A valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The 12News Golden Triangle Light Fight is sponsored by KBMT. The decisions of sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. A copy of these Official Rules, visit 12NewsNow.com/Contests or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), 12News Golden Triangle Light Fight 525 I-10 South Beaumont, TX 77701. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Nadia Cowart at 409-981-1503 or email at NCowart@12NewsNow.com.